Saturday, July 23, 2005

Ah, The Pool

Finally, the pool is ready. I got in it yesterday to vacuum it some more, clean and of course to be in it. I don't know what the allure of having water surrounding you is, but I really love it; just being in it makes me happy and gives me this overall sense of well-being; it's a feeling that my husband just does not understand. When I was in graduate school the first time, I wrote a poem to my pool (the pool at the apartment complex where I lived); I spent most of my time there, lying in it or beside it most of the days when I wasn't in class, then writing or studying sitting at a table beside the water in the evening, then often going for a swim and chatting and having a glass of wine with friends while floating around at night.
We haven't turned the heat on in the pool, but it feels like a hot bath anyway. Arkansas in July.
I've been working on links for my http://www.clunygreyjewelry.com site, and have added a few in the past 2 days. It's a long tiresome business, but surprisingly, one that I don't mind as much as I would have thought. I hate that the template is messed up at the bottom on the first page, but unfortunately, there is nothing I know that I can do about that except call my webhosting people since I don't have access to it. So what made it mess up?
I need to go and create some jewelry. I only posted one eBay auction this week because I am so tired of eBay and how cheaply everything on auction sells. But I have gotten some good customers and great custom orders from being there.
The kitties are clamoring for attention. Do kitties clamor? If you have to ask, you obviously have never had cats.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.