Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Millicent and Agent Orange






Interesting title, I thought, but actually Millicent and Agent Orange have nothing to do with one another except that each has a connection to me.
Millicent is my sister's new cat; a female who is less than 1 year old, who has had one litter of kittens, all given to good homes, and who, of course, was a rescued cat by my sister and her husband. She is currently giving the cat and dog in residence hell! I am happy for her - that she has found such a good home, and once she realizes that Coolio and Darcy like to play - she will settle back and enjoy her good fortune. Right now she is following old teaching advice: for the first few weeks of the new school year, be mean as hell, get your bluff in so the kids don't run over you, and then you can relax later. Smart move.
"Agent Orange" as I refer to the cotton defoliants that are currently being sprayed all around me (and yes, I live in town, not in the country, but in a part of Arkansas surrounded by cotton fields) has made me a prisoner in my own home, and for right now in my bedroom, bathroom, and studio where I have 2 air filters running at top speed so that I can breathe, and so that maybe the sores in my mouth and nose, and my blistered lips won't get any worse. Can you believe that people do this to themselves? Everyone here knows what is happening, but apparently a cotton crop is far more important, and to be fair, while the whole town goes around with "allergies", a "cold", and mutters about the defoliants, not everyone is necessarily affected as much as I am - although I am sure that there are some people who are probably feeling worse, especially if they don't have air filters. C'est la vie, c'est la morte.

Cluny Grey Jewelry Studio G Jewelry

1 comment:

chenlina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.